Sign in

Product Management @ServiceNow | Talk about Products, AI, and more | Read more @ www.aditi-priya.com

Busting Complexity For Product Managers

Thousands of Gears in a machine
Photo by Pavel Neznanov on Unsplash

The days of the Colored Markers and huge whiteboards are long gone.
I realized after lockdown that long meetings carrying intensive discussion were a luxury.

It's a new era of short calls and packed schedules.
Every meeting is expected to start with an agenda and end with Next Steps.

Every…


The farther you see, the higher the chances you win.

A lady sitting in a bubble looking at a Penguin swimming in water
Photo by Zachary Spears on Unsplash

The world has new masters.
Ones that do not dictate your destination, but choose your path anyway.
We might own our homes, our cars, even our identities, but we certainly don’t own our opinion.
We do not even own the spectacles that show us the world.
Can we remember the first time we started…


How To Manage Perception Of Your Product In A World Where Algorithms Are Hated?

Scene from The Social Dilemma where the three algorithms are manipulating the boy
Courtesy: The Social Dilemma

I sat through multiple scenes of “The Social Dilemma” as the personified algorithms performed technological voodoo on a simple-minded boy to metamorphosize him into an extremist.

Devil Incarnate!

Horrified is not even close to representing the…


Your users are not all the same.

Different Characters from Squid Game. Each person wears different masks
Credits: https://www.aroged.com/2021/10/17/media-squid-game-worth-21-4-million-netflix-hopes-to-make-42x-more/

My Bank’s App is a mess.

I do use the App regularly, in fact very regularly. But 99% of the time, I use it to transfer funds. And the rest 1% time for everything else.

But here is what my homepage looks like:


Why Are Habits Difficult To Pick and Easy to Abandon?

Photo by Ev on Unsplash

Do I call myself a runner yet?
I have been running regularly for the past eight months.
But I am nowhere near to the numbers an average runner has.
I am slow even if I can run decently long.

It’s not the first time I took up running.

I have…


Creating Positive User Emotions For Your Products

Photo by Matthew Henry on Unsplash

The colleague who always runs late for your meetings annoys you.
The neighbour playing his music too loud every night just drives you nuts.

The friend who gets freshly baked cookies for you to office probably has your adoration.
She offered to drop you home after you tried very hard to…


All Product Roles Are Not Alike

Photo by Lennart Nacke on Unsplash

My first gig as a Product Manager was in a Startup.
The Product I worked on did not exist. We started from two half-baked basic Computer Vision algorithms to objects.

To top it off, I had no real Product Manager experience. There was no one to tell me how to…


Technology Needs Color, Not Just Shapes

Source: Pixabay

“I never made one of my discoveries through the process of rational thinking”
Albert Einstein

I have been to hundreds of job interviews. All of them appreciated structured thinking, judged skills and dug to know domain experience.

None of them tested creativity.

And later I figured, neither did I.


The Power That Tech Takes And We Give

Photo by Bill Oxford on Unsplash

I grew up watching Advertisements on the TV. And a lot of them wanted to make the Indian skin fair and lovely.

The days of advertising “Fairness” have long gone, but I bet a lot of Indian Moms still look for fair brides for their sons. …


Complexity Does Not Need To Look Complex

Photo by Karina Zhukovskaya from Pexels

You are still on a high from developing that elegant Product idea that would solve all your users’ problems. But the investment is high and you need to convince the higher-ups.

People working with you daily have traveled that bumpy road by your side. …

Aditi Priya

Get the Medium app

A button that says 'Download on the App Store', and if clicked it will lead you to the iOS App store
A button that says 'Get it on, Google Play', and if clicked it will lead you to the Google Play store